If you are looking for a way to use Snapchat on a Windows or Mac PC, we have the perfect guide for you! Read on to find out how you can download and connect Snapchat to your PC and use it directly from your computer.
Snapchat is a popular photo exchange Created by two Stanford graduates in 2011. With 71% of its users under 25, 150 million monthly users, and 350 million snaps being exchanged daily around the world.
Snapchat is one of the most popular social networks of the generation. Unfortunately, this application is only available on Android and IOS, snapchat use on PC is not officially available. But, it would be really cool if you could connect Snapchat on your PC and/or Mac, right?
Well, in fact, there is a way. You can now enjoy the benefits of Snapchat on a PC.
How to use Snapchat on PC
While Snapchat does not have a desktop version, there is always a way to use Snapchat on your computer using emulators.
Emulators create a mobile like environment on your Windows PC or Mac, and you can easily run the mobile application on your PC. So, Install a good emulator on your PC and launch the application.
The Android emulator is a program that basically mimics the Android operating system on other platforms like Microsoft, Windows, and Mac OS. The software simply converts Android system files into a format that is recognizable by other operating systems.
This tool will help you discover the Android environment on any other platform.
Using the Bluestacks Android Emulator
Bluestacks is one of the best Free Android emulators recommended for running Snapchat on PC.
All you have to do is simply download Snapchat for PC Apk file, load it into Bluestacks, and you’re done.
You can Download Bluestacks Here
- Once the application is downloaded, open the application to complete the installation.
- Once Bluestacks is downloaded on your PC, start the installation process.
- During the installation process, Bluetacks will ask you to link to your Google account (which you use on your smartphone)
- Sync the Bluestacks app with your Google account to run any android app.
- On you’ve associated the account, download the Snapchat app on the Bluestack play store.
- Open the “My apps” tap on Bluestack and click “Install APK”
- Search “Snapchat APK” and install it
- Once the installation is complete, you can find “Snapchat” in the “My apps” tab of the Bluestacks home screen
To Sign into your Snapchat account, you can either enter an existing Snapchat username or create a new one from the app. Now that you are on Snapchat, you can see photos of your friends or send one if you have an internal or external webcam. If you do not have a webcam and just want to check stories and messages, click the cancel button when a window warns you to connect to a camera.
Using the MANYMO Android emulator
Manymo is another Android emulator that helps you access Android applications online. Unlike Bluestacks, Manymo does not require you to download the software to your system to use snapchat.
With Manymo you can simply create an account and quickly access various applications in no time.
The prerequisite to using Manymo is that you must have a Google Play account before you download the Snapchat app from the Google Play store.
The only downside of this application is that its not free. There are some limitations on the use of this emulator.
- Sign up for a Google Play on your computer and install Snapchat from the Google play account.
- It will be a .apk file that you will have to save on your desktop
- Download it to your Manymo emulator to use the Snapchat connection to your computer
- Now, quickly open Manymo on your PC and register
- Enter your credentials to create a Manymo account
- You will have the option to use the free version of Manymo or the premium version. Choose your desired option
To launch Manymo, log in with your username and password
You can choose the dimensions and resolution of the emulator by clicking on the option at the top right of the screen to launch Manymo
Once the emulator launches, find the Snapchat .apk file on your PC and download it to launch snapchat on an online emulator
Now you can start Snapchat on your computer. Just enter your login information and your good to go!